24 March 2010

The Cleveland Show

So, Family Guy's very own Cleveland Brown now has his very own show with a much more awesome theme song.

My thoughts on Family Guy are substantially negative at this point. But the last thing I would possibly suggest would be giving Cleveland his own show. That'd be like giving Maggie Simpson her own show.

Or Flanders.

I'm saying it's a bad idea, you see.

Point is, having watched the first ten episodes of The Cleveland Show, I can safely say that it's better than Family Guy.

And worse than Family Guy.

...Bear with me.

Family Guy's problem now is that it's not a TV show, it's 22 jokes shoved together, badly. Storyline is irrelevant.

In that sense, The Cleveland Show is infinitely superior. Cleveland's family actually has issues and storylines actually progress, even if Cleveland has become substantially more of a dislikable idiot since leaving Family Guy.

However, Family Guy's cutaways, as infuriating as they are, are often pretty funny, as much as I hate to admit it.

This is where Cleveland Show fails - it's rarely funny, although there are some occasional home run jokes.

This makes Cleveland Show the superior programme in this writer's humble opinion, but it still has a few problems.

For one thing, Cleveland Show's premise is essentially Family Guy, but black. And with a bear instead of a dog as his best friend.

Either way, why I keep watching it is beyond me. I must suffer from quite extreme boredom.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. A third show that's exactly the same?
    Just... wow.

    ReplyDelete